Here we go.

05 January 2009

HAI GUYZ

Like the rest of yous guys, I'm still recovering from that super-fun winter break. THAT WAS AWESOME! Here's my Things-Done-Did list:

1. Got some R&R
2. Baked a bread
3. Hung out with ex-pats
4. House purged (We did a massive purging and are already working on our next batch)
5. Hung out with (g)old(en) friends

And here's my To-Do list:

1. Thank you notes
2. Order that couch
3. Purge! Let it go!
4. Finish kitchen revamp
5. Clear some space for our new President!

New Year's Eve is one of my favorite holidays. The other day, a friend asked, "What happened to the famous Little Rock NYE spirit?" It still exists, but has been refined; it is carried around individually or in intimate crowds, all over the globe, instead of Little Rock, en masse. We figured out what we like, who we love & where we want to be to ring in the new year. We grew up & into ourselves.

I don't know where you were, but I hope you had the best time.  I was in a cabin, in the woods, with ATM, KMHD & great friends.  This was our second meeting in Ferndale for NYE festivities.  I honestly hope it's a newfound tradition.  It has become a gourmand cook-off for the few of us who show.  There were only 6 of us, but we had enough food for twice that.  There were 16-17(?) items counted, ranging from fresh baked challah to venison meatballs to salmon rice balls to korrokke to artichoke dip.  I've already begun planning next year's menu!

Me * :

ATM * :

KMHD & General Chang * :

Collin * :

Gen. Chang & his granny blanket:


1 Jan 2009:











And we've another New Year to celebrate as Tet is just around the corner.  Its Year of the Ox, which is ATM's year!  We are going down to the temple as per usual.  We will totally get our fill of Vietnamese street food and games.  Need to see if people would like to accompany us!  

[All but three photos are by Shawn Miller.  He's so good!]

3 comments:

Alannah said...

love love LOVE those photos. We did NYE in a big rented house w/ friends last year...you're right - it's a gourmet delight. That cabin looks so remote and lovely. This year D and I just stayed in. I made a nice dinner. We cuddled on the couch. Low key is the new party hearty.

Does Year of the Ox indicate anything? Are we all supposed to buckle down and trudge our way through the year, ox-like? Is it a year of brute strength? I'm supposed to be internationally savvy...enlighten this dumbass, please!

boleroid said...

Those pictures have me all stressed out. Thanks a lot.

kmhd said...

Shawn's pictures are fantastic. He really captured some great candid shots. I'm actually smiling a lot and not looking bored. Hallelujah! I can't wait until next NYE. It's just going to get better and better, which is almost perplexing because that night was perfection.

Blog Archive